2020 Vacances en Périgord au Chai ou Chez le Charpentier, Le Clos du Verger, 24140 Maurens
Bookings at the Chai or Chez le Charpentier at Le Clos du Verger, 24140 Maurens, France
- For holiday rentals for a maximum 4 People. There is a small extra charge for a fourth person in Chez le Charpentier which normally sleeps 3.
- The contract is between Jane and Martin Appel, the owners, and the party leader making the booking. The contract is made in France under French law. If booking online, by continuing with this booking you agree to the terms of this contract.
- No pets, unless agreed in writing in advance. No smoking inside.
- All inclusive price as quoted. The price for standard holiday lets includes –
Bedlinen for all beds and sets of bathroom towels for occupants, and, on request, adult size dressing gowns. Electricity, heating and hot water. Box of logs for wood burner. Internet usage (within the bounds of legality). Soaps and shampoo. Kitchen towels, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets. Local tourism tax.
- Arrival is after 15h30 on your agreed arrival day, and departure by 10h30 on your agreed departure day.
- Our expectation is that you will treat our property responsibly and return it to us in good condition at the end of the stay. Please expect to pay for any breakages and any other costs incurred during your stay. There is normally a good housekeeping deposit of 150 euros or 150 pounds which will be returned to you by Paypal, cheque or bank transfer immediately after the property is checked and cleaned following your departure. Excess cleaning, damage repair and/or replacements of breakages due to your stay will be charged against this deposit
- We respect the privacy of the holiday cottage you have booked during the period of your stay. We ask you to respect the needs and privacy of other people staying at Le Clos du Verger. Please no ball games and noisy outside play near the buildings (there is a good play zone away from the buildings), and no loud noises after 11pm. No vehicles or bikes around the site except in the allocated parking places, unless arranged with us in advance. Certain spaces are private to the owners, and these will be pointed out to you.
- Cars and bikes: We try and keep most of the site vehicle free as this helps to maintain the safety and tranquility of Le Clos du Verger. Car parking is in our dedicated off-road car park, where you will be given an allocated space. Let us know in advance if you need more than one space. If you plan to bring bikes with you please let us know that in advance. We have secure undercover bike storage on the site specifically for our customers’ bikes – and we ask that bikes are not taken into the gardens and terraces nor inside your holiday property. Bike hire deliveries can be arranged through Bike Hire Direct (www.bikehiredirect.com).
- There is a simple guest laundry with a washing machine on site for the use of holiday guests during their stay, and a clothes drying line. You will find a supply of washing powder/tablets. Please use the facilities with consideration for other users – and not for dirty washing you may have accumulated prior to your arrival!
- Drainage onsite is treated by a very efficient bio digester unit – but bleach and commercial anti-bacterial cleaners kill off the treatment process. We therefore ask guests not to use these products.
- We have made a round walk and recreation area by the stream for your enjoyment. Please always accompany children in your party when venturing beyond the confines of the holiday cottage. We will point out areas of water – unfortunately access to the water is not permitted for safety reasons.
- Please let us know in advance if you are expecting occasional visitors during your stay, beyond those listed on your booking form. Remember the maximum number of people using the property is normally 4.
Rentals of a month or more can be arranged on different terms.
Our Contact details: Jane and Martin APPEL
Address : Le Clos du Verger, Les Sarrazies, 24140 Maurens
To make a reservation, follow the payment instructions on our website www.sarrazies.com, or contact us by phoning or emailing us. Our main currency is euros but we can also quote you a fixed sterling price.
- The deposit of 80 euros or 80 pounds per week booked, or part week booked, is due now to confirm your booking. Note that this payment will not be reimbursed if you have to cancel. An electronic transfer of your payment to our UK or French HSBC bank account is usually the easiest way to proceed. Or we can take payments via Paypal, including payments by credit card.
- The balance of payment is due 3 weeks before your start date.
Cancellations Please confirm a cancellation in writing. We will keep the non-returnable deposit you paid at the time of booking, to cover some of our costs, but we will cancel the balance payment due, unless your written notification of cancellation is within 3 weeks of your intended arrival date. We strongly advise that you arrange for cancellation insurance.
- We will send you directions before your arrival, and be here to welcome you personally when you arrive.
- A welcome basket of local goodies will provide you with a small picnic as you settle in.
Arrival after 15h30 and ready for departure by 10h30
If by any chance you have a problem during your stay please tell us quickly so that we have a chance to put things right so that you can continue to have a pleasant holiday.
At the end of your stay
We will do a check out with you 15 minutes before your departure time. We don’t expect you to hand back a super clean property at the end of your stay, but we do ask you to attend to a few basics: any dirty dishes in the dishwasher, the fridge emptied, the floors brushed, a clean loo and shower, a clean oven and cooking utensils, and the rubbish bagged up for the refuse collection. If you don’t want to lift a finger, that’s fine, but there is a supplement of 30 euros.
For those booking via our website www.sarrazies.com, or any third party website, we take your booking online on the understanding that the contract is between us as owners and yourself as party leader, and that you agree to these contract terms for the dates of your stay.
Jane et Martin Appel
Fait à Maurens, le 4 décembre 2019